Friday, June 20, 2008

Status report: week 4

This week went not so good as I was planning.

I wanted to implement simple ad-hoc cubic collision geometry to test collisions with rotation. So I started with calculating closest features of two polyhedra (this would also be useful for Lin-Canny algorithm), but when it came to faces it became too cumbersome (and this part isn't very extensible, because it deals specifically with squares, not generic polygons).

So, I decided to spend some time reading papers on this topic and looking for acceptable solution.

If I won't find anything better, I'll end up implementing Lin-Canny algorithm (I don't want to do this atm, because it's not very simple and requires some reorganizing of simulation process). As always, suggestions are welcome!

No comments: